Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blessed

Sometimes I'm amazed at how blind I can be to the blessings in my life.  God has surrounded me with people who love me and who have been given instructed tongues (Isaiah 50:4) which they use when speaking to me.  And to think that I don't even notice most of the time!  It astonishes me that I do not see the active hand of God on their lives, shaping them into mighty men and women for His Kingdom.  Sometimes I think I walk around with my eyes closed, for surely He gave me sight many years ago.  It's my fault alone if I do not choose to make use of it.  How smart would someone look walking around with a blindfold on just because they decided that they didn't feel like seeing today?  Thank you Jesus for all of the many companions and friends you have placed in my life.  I thank you because I know that a three-stranded cord is not quickly or easily broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
 
 
 
3strand_rope

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post; I like the picture. I actually wrote a song called "Cord of Three Strands" not too long ago, and you can check it out here (http://settingapartchrist.blogspot.com/2011/09/cord-of-three-strands-new-song.html) if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time I found your comment and checked the link, it was no longer a working link. Thank you for the comment, though!

      Delete